Thursday, May 21, 2009

New kid in school...again

So, for anyone interested in what I have been up to lately, I'm back. Yea.

Now that this exciting news has been broadcast, I should let you all know that I'm going back to school.

I just started again this Spring after a 7-year gap, and it's hard. I don't care how much someone might want to say, "Aw, is it really? Try working. It's harder" because I've worked hard for the last 14 years of my life, and I am ready for something new. I'm tired of going in day-to-day knowing that it's not ME making the big money, it's not MY company I'm working to build up or maintain, and if I leave I could just be replaced with someone else. That's a pretty sobering thought, but you know, I've seen it before many times. This is a harsh, brutal, competitive world. Period. Unless you have a"sugardaddy" ready and willing to pay for all your little bills, and people falling at your feet to give you things, well, your in this same group.

So what does this mean for me now? Long hours of reading and studying, many (MANY) reports, checking in to the email at least 3 times a week and getting my work turned in before the deadlines (it's online classes but you have to do things on time just like the regular classes). Yeah, I wish I would have gone back sooner, but I haven't sat on my butt the whole time. I just should have been more focused on my goal of owning my business at a younger age, and now I have to wait until I'm older and have repaired my poor credit. Oh the irony: I worked for a financial services company when I was the most broke.

I would recommend to anyone just getting out into the work field, to all those new college grads: stay home with your parents, save your money, and work as much as you can. Don't waste your money on stupid stuff that you don't need just to impress others. They REALLY don't care more than just being jealous, and you'll go broke easy. Just follow what REAL millionaires would do, which is to live within your means and be frugal.

9 comments:

Cunning_Linguist said...

I was all set to be sugar daddy material for you but then I remembered I was just as broke.

Good to see you're making a more edcucated go of it. Older, wiser, etc. This way when it happens you'll be truly appreciative of the success and it will last.

Now.... your sugar daddy wants to buy you a little sumthin. Pick from any of the gumball machines you see before you. Hell.... wear sumthin sexy and I'll even let ya have a go at that temprary tattoo machine. Yeah, I'm awesome.

tehkorah said...

Mmm, sugardaddy, gumballs and a temp tat? Risk-ey! Maybe I should ask what I'll get if I wear my red nightie with the matching silk stocking, hmm? Do I get to let you APPLY the tat for me, mmm, do I?

Cunning_Linguist said...

You havn't lived until you've let me apply a self stick pikachu to your tramp stamp spot. ;)

Spiky Zora Jones said...

Glad to see that you are back.

I agree with you 100%.

I didn't do that though. I was out of the house early...17 years old and in college.

Good times honey...good times.

I do wish I could go back to school and continues my education.

ciao sweetie.

tehkorah said...

Thank you Zora. Yeah, my experience was similar in that I left home at 17 too. But I started to work right away, I waited until I was 20 to start going to college (my mistake, but hey I learned some other things along the way), and at 19 got married. Still, I had really good times (some a little naughty) and I wouldn't trade it. I would have waited to get married later tho, since there's this one guy I keep thinking could have been a better match for me (don't get me wrong, I love my hubby but sometimes we really clash). I met this guy in college, and we got along so well. I keep wondering what-if, and with guys I usually don't. Most of the guys in my life are just friends, but I think he could have been a lot more. Oh, well. I can't dwell in the past... I'm going forward whether I want to or not! lol
\P.s.: Speaking of marriage, did you think about saying yes to what she said? I think if you have spent time loving each other, and you both want to, you should go for it. The worst is going into it without feeling the same way; you gotta make sure it's because you want to be with someone, not like being possesive. 'Course, it works both ways, right?

Spiky Zora Jones said...

I would say yes...she said she wanted to marry me but she didn't ask me.

i love her more than anything but sometimes...I don't think she is into me as much as I'm into her.

She has to ask me...and I know I will say yes. She just has to ask. I'm waiting for those words...will you marry me, I love you.

We've been together a long time but along the way...we've split up here and there...We almost broke up a little over a year ago in early 2008. This was after I had my little one. It was her idea to have another baby and ex b/f and father of my first boy Vince was willing. It was messy. you'd have togo back to the time to see all that went on.

take care sweetie...have a fab weekend. as for the other guy...what do you think? Would you bed him? Was it sexual attraction or more? I'd worry if it was more...don't get me wrong I don't judge.

I'm not all that pristine. I just understand human nature.

ciao honey. ;0)

tehkorah said...

Hmm, would have to think about those questions... hmm...

Would I have bedded him?
(waited no more than 1 sec)
Yes. Well, I don't know if a bed would be involved, but yeah. Sure!

He was attractive after all; all the things I find sexy in men-- fit (not ripped, but athletic), dark wavy/curly hair, bright sparkling blue eyes; yep, I'm sure I would have gone for it eventually. IF I hadn't been in a relationship. Sigh.

BUT I think it was more a comfort-level I had with him that made him seem so good with me. So yeah, more than just attraction in that way.

We were hanging out at his place once, after a party/get together there, and I remember that everyone else pretty much left or zonked out. Except us. I guess we're both part night owls.

He asked me if I had heard of a certain band, and I told him I hadn't; so he preceded to show me a list of ALL the bands he had songs for on his computer.

Um, that was a pretty long freaking list. He kept sitting closer to me; first looking at it over my shoulder and saying in that damn sexy voice, "Here, listen. You'll love it. I'm sure."
Then sitting down so close...
Every time I felt a little tug (that little emotional jolt), I pointed out that it was getting late.

He would just laugh and say, "What, you don't like this song? Tell me you don't just love this..." and I couldn't. He knew I loved music. He knew I liked him. He wanted me to stay. He knew as soon as he'd stop, I was going to go home. And I just knew that if I kept seeing him, it was going to get worse.

We haven't seen each other in a long while, so it's hard sometimes. But I like to think of him and smile. I hope he's well.

tehkorah said...

Update: Spiky, I'm a fool. I saw and talked to him recently, and I can't get him outta my head.
*Gulp*
Help!

tehkorah said...

P.S.: Fool>ME
Yikes!